View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
ARModen

Waterlogged 99 Boxster

Ok, I've been driving the boxster to work this week because the Jeep needed a new plug and I hadn't had a chance to replace it yet. It's been a torrential downpour since last weekend. The cars been running like a top all week regardless. It's been putting the jeep to shame really. I got the low fuel light on the way back from lunch thursday. On the way home, I stopped and filled it up. It was on for maybe 10 miles. I stopped and put almost 14 gallons of premium in it. I made it maybe 50 feet before I started losing power. I pulled back into the station. It idles rough for a few minutes then stopped. I started it again, it idled again for a few minutes, then nothing. Now it turns over but doesn't pick up.

So far I've verified no blown fuses. I don't have a CEL and didn't have any warning lights when it was still running. There haven't been any problems or any recent maintenance. I tried to sample the tank but can't get a siphon line in far enough yet.

I assume it's bad gas and either I have enough water to prevent it from running, or I've sucked something in and clogged the filter. It's also so full that I can't get a significant amount of alcohol in to dry the gas out. My plan tomorrow is to get it up in the air, change the filter, and in the process drain the lines and the bottom part of the tank. I figure it's not an electrical issue because there were plenty of oppurtunities for that to occur earlier in the week. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote