View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
jhandy

you will need toe arms. anyone who does this will.

Alingment is not the issue, it is the camber / toe settings.

the boxster's rear geometry is such that the camber and the toe settings are married so to speak.

what will happen if you dont have them is that you will have to sacrifice one or the other.

camber is more important than toe angle so that if you DONT use new arms, if you set the correct camber you will be very toe out and will chew up tires like nuts.

If you set the toe correctly, the camber will be to little and the car will handle like crap.

I used the tarret arms. You can also use the GT3 porsche racing toe arms. they are more expensive.

I bought the blue cheap ebay ones first and the knuckle was too large to fit into my wheel rims and I had to pay @ 400 for the tarret.

Good luck, and at 200+ each for rear tires, you will be saving a bundle to do it correctly from the start.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 12-19-2009 at 05:19 AM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote