Thread: Dodgy Insurers
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
jmpower1974

Dodgy Insurers

All,

Wanted to write about my recent experiences with UK insurers and hopefully save you any hassles in the future.

Situation: 35 year old male with clean licence (australian) and history of driving performance cars. 2nd driver female 40 clean licence. 1 theft in last 3 years. 2001 Porsche Boxster insured for 10K.

Directline - over the net : £550.00 rough quote - expect £600
Admiral 2 car policy (for wifeys BMW) - £675.00 (porsche only)
Post Office - £680.00
Swinton brokers through AVIVA - £700.00
Heritage - no quote need full UK licence for min 3 yeras

and now the crooks:
Allan and Allan prestige car insurance - £876.00 !

When questioned about the difference they said it was through AVIVA. I then called bull**************** and explained I was quoted £700 from the very same company via Swinton.. their excuse was because I have an international licence.

I know this is bull**************** because Im currently on my wifes BMW policy and my MINI policy and in the case of Admiral - BMW - its only £50.

So it pays to write down all the quotes and get the background because there are some dodgy pricks masquerading as porsche friendly. I was told Allan and Allan are the porsche club UK's preferred insurer by Call Connect. I dont know if it is true but if this is the case I highly recommend all personnel insured by or through Allan and Allan check their details and spend 20 minutes online comparing. You could well be getting ripped off.

jmpower1974 is offline   Reply With Quote