View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
gwoodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersExpress
Do you have an "Advanced Auto Parts" in your area? They lend out a lot of car mechanics tools including wheel bearing tools... of course you leave a credit card number as a security deposit but its usually free of charge.

In the spring we borrowed a pair from them in use when we replaced my entire suspension and upgraded the brakes.

Just my .02

Good luck!

I actually havean Advance Auto less than a mile from my house, but I checked what they had last night and I wasnt confident it would work to get the bearing out. All they seemed to have was a clutch bearing puller and a wheel hub puller (which i guess i could use to get the hub off).

I have used their rental tools before on my old trailblazer with pretty good success. It is a great program they have going for essentially "borrowing" tools no one in a position similar to mine really wants to buy.

I know you said you used their tools to upgrade your suspension, but did you use some of their tools to do the rear wheel bearings? If so, do you happen to remember what tools specifically you rented; i.e. part number, name, etc, to get the bearing out and press back in?

Thanks!
gwoodburn is offline   Reply With Quote