View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willd
Ok my Porsche ownership is going from bad to worse.
So anyway today, I have to change the brake pads on my family motor. I go to the Boxster to get my trolley jack (which is in the rear boot/trunk), and...the battery is dead. And I don't mean low, I mean 100% dead. Not even a flicker on the dash lights.

I've also searched for this mystical 'rectangular' cover/shroud that's over the release wire, somewhere in the wheel arch, but I can't find it. How can I tell if mine is the electronic release mechanism or the mechanical version? (1999 2.5).

Any help appreciated.

Oh and did I mention (and this is completely my own fault) I managed to lose the locking wheel nut.
Well, its not the end of the world yet.

Here's a question for you:

When you are unlocking either the front or rear trunks, are you pushing a button, or are you pulling up on a lever?

If its a lever, there is going to be a pull cable somewhere in the front bumper.
Typically, it is somewhere near the little plastic hole in the front bumper that you are able to screw the tow ring into.

You should be able to remove the bottom of the bumper cover, and search around inside until you find it. Its just a wire cable with a loop on the end of it.

Search for it if your car has the levers.
If your car has the buttons, you will most likely need to replace your ignition switch before you can do anything else, as this is most likely the entire cause of all your problems.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote