View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
Frodo

Body shop/paint question

As many of you probably know (from another thread of mine), I recently developed the need for some body shop work. (My bad ). Anybody have suggestions how to find/evaluate them? Took her in to one shop that was recommended by the local Porsche dealership. They seem good, and I’ve heard people recommend them, but I’m so finicky about my pcar’s finish, I just don’t know...

Is there something special or unusual about the paint that Porsche uses on their vehicles? I do a lot of detailing on the car, and the finish is just so nice to work with, so easy to clean up and make truly beautiful to look at. I really want that to continue to be the case. To have repairs match/blend, is it important to use a certain kind of paint, and/or any special application technique? The guy at the shop described their repair techniques, and said they use PPG paint. Good stuff or not?? I know so very little about this---I haven’t had an accident since I was my kid’s age, and he’s been driving for like 4 years now! Any advice would be most appreciated.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote