View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
CRCGuy

You're absolutely right JTP. a car is a liability, not an investment, unless it's a numbers matching '67 Corvette 427 or whatever.

You're probably also correct that it will be rare and exclusive in the future---because my prediction is that sales of this model will be relatively poor. Not only because it's not a real "game-changing" car but also lack of good usability as a DD. Plus, I think the timing is wrong. we're just now coming out of a recession, and people's mindsets have started to change. we're becoming more prudent with our money--esp in the short term. I just don't see people jumping to blow $60k on a car like this that lacks daily usability. Same likely true for BMWs new X6M--a turbocharged, gas-guzzling, stupidly fast SUV. In hindsight, they probably would have scrapped such projects. there will always be a few with more money than god that will buy one. But doubt a sustainable market. maybe time will prove me wrong.

So you may be absolutely right, this may become collectible, esp if my prediction holds true:
Dec 2011 edition of Motortrend: "Boxster Spyder to be discontinued"

I'll prepare to get flamed on that date I'll have my P-car well before then and will be an active member in this forum.

CRCguy
CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote