View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
JTP

I would not suggest anyone buy a car for investment unless you're looking at a vintage Bugatti or some ultra rare car already selling for a premium. Better to invest elsewhere for any return on your investment.
What I meant when I said the Spyder is "destined to be a collectible" is in 10 years or so, there will be very few of these cars that you would have something different and exclusive that it would be a collectible if you chose to keep it for that long. Keep it original and value "might" be higher than other cars. I would not buy it as an investment.
Let me tell you about my Cosworth Vega. When it was new, it was over priced, under powered, and didn't sell very well. Chevrolet discontinued it after two years. It has many factory "firsts" for GM and is one of Chevy's rarest cars but the value on these cars aren't that high. Despite its faults, I love the quirky nature of the car and the rarity of the car only adds to the delight of driving the car. Needless to say, I didn't buy the car as an investment.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote