View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
Lobo1186

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by renzop
Now why do you not need the enhanced fade resistance of Carbon brakes for the street. Because you do not make repeated stops from 100+ every 30 seconds on the street, but that's exactly what you do on the race track. Your stock brakes are perfectly fade resistant for even the most aggressive street driving.

The weight difference does not matter either for the street. There's not a big enouhg diff to make a dent in fuel economy. The reduced unsprung weight means the chassis will respond better with carbon, but as no one drives 10/10ths on the street (and lives for very long) there is no need for the slight handling improvement. Most drivers would never notice the difference.

So, unless you are doing lots of DE events you will be much better served by going with steel brake rotors and quality pads. C-C brakes are indeed overkill for the street as their perfomance enhancements will not even be noticeable.

i guess i wasnt clear the first time. WHO CARES if it is overkill? have you seen what we drive and the things people here do?

like i said maybe i just dont like brake dust and replaceing worn rotors... or maybe I do alot of braking or up and downhill driving through the twisties?

its weird all this hostility about how "overkill" this is... does someone here have vested interest in the failure of aftermarket CCM rotors or even PCCB?
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote