View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
jcb986

PPI Insurance

I agree on PPI. It will help paint a better picture of the car. I purchased a 2000 S for $15,500 with 64,000 k on the clock. Car fax showed it was one owner and it verified the mileage. Mine was owned by a military officer, CarFax showed me everything I needed know...who else can buy a Boxster for $70K new, plus he was a PCA member. But I will tell you this...I knew when I purchased mine that the rotors needed to be replaced and the back tires also needed to have new ones. The 60K maintenance, I believe was never done except for an oil change.

I have just installed all new Balo rotors, Mintex pads, cleaned and checked the calipers, flushed the brake lines, installed all new filters and I am also replacing the tires tomorrow. Cost to date is about $1,050. Now the bad news is I have a leak on the right axle at the transfer case in which I will need to fix soon. Cost in parts is about $30...labor is about 10-15 hours. I here that this repair at dealer or Porsche repair center goes for $700 and up. Me, I have the tools, the skill and the time. But it was the car that I wanted and I knew when I bought it that there would be a higher maintenance for a Boxster 9 years old...did I tell you that the interior/exterior was in near mint condition and she purrs so nicely.
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote