Thread: Falken Ziex 912
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
jcb986

Thanks for all the input

I have decided to go with the Falken 912's, this tire was rated #1 with Consumer Report. Then again they probably don't test the tires on a Porsche. My reasons are simple:

1) It is a nice radial in design and should perform for my use with no problems. My Boxster S has a Tip and I drive more like an old granny at times. It also runs 225/40/18 on the fronts and 265/35/18 on the backs. No tire rotation...so, if I get 15,000 miles out of them, that's ok. Most tires on my setup usually do not make the 20,000 mile mark.

2) It is reasonable priced tire and should perform as expected. I have used several tire review areas and the internet. Most Corvette, Bimmer & Mercedes owners were happy with the overall performance and would buy them again. The Jap car owners generally complained just about everything about all performance tires. So, I ruled them out and went with the everyday driver who gets a little aggressive when his/her hormone delegates it.

3) I have Komho's on it now, backs are completed gone, the fronts are fairly new and I will probably list them here for sale. They are not a very smooth tire and probably would have been great a Boxster with a 5 speed. I drove a few 5 speeds and loved the thrill of going beserk behind the wheel...wow. But, I found this one owner S with a TIP and feel in love with it. So did my wife.

4) I would never race a street car anyway. Maybe I will find a 97-98 with 5 speed and do something with it. I will save that for my retirement project.

Thanks for all the input everybody. JB :dance:

Last edited by jcb986; 11-28-2009 at 10:10 AM.
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote