View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
Burg Boxster

If you're going to reapply, go get some 3M trim adhesive - either the paste or the double sided foam tape. Can be found in most auto part stores. Don't use glue.

An alternative, I did w/ mine, was make it magnetic. Makes for super easy washing as well as polishing/waxing. Completely remove your old badge (or get a new one) and take all the foam tape off the back side.

Then go to a craft stores (JoAnn's, Michael's, etc.) and get some magnetic self stick sheets (sold in a 4x6 pkt). Make a photo copy your badge face down - If you don't have access to legal sized copies you may have to split it into 2. Then, cut out the copy and glue it face up to the paper side of the magnetic sheets. Use an Exacto/artists knife and cut out the letters. Peel the tape and stick them into the recessed channel on the back side of the badge. Lightly sand or shave off any sharp corners on the magnet portion and apply to the trunk lid. Mine was tested to not move a smidge even above spoiler deployment speeds . When placing it on the deck lid, don't slide it around for fear of scratching the paint but rather lift it off and replace as needed

Good luck
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote