View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #15
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART07154
I did checked KBB and Edmunds with options and miles private party=9,600,Dealer retail10,800.but I search 500 miles from where I live most of the boxster under $11,000 have almost 75k miles and up?I think is a fair price and I don't want to spend more than $11,000 for weekend vehicle.
I still believe that it's too high. It's fall and drop top prices fall along with it in the snowbelt.

Also. Private sales always are priced higher than they should be (people ALWAYS think their car is worth more than it actually is. A '97 s/b at the bottom of it's depreciation curve but at $10.5 you'll take a hit as soon as next spring if you have to sell it.

I'd renegotiate - It's your money and you do not have to buy the car. Get the retail cost of correcting the defficiencies and pull them off your $10.5 offer. If the seller walks, he walks. If that happens, call him back in a couple weeks as he'll have likely softened by then.

Don't fall in love with one car, esp. a Boxster - there are so many of them around. If it takes a few more months, the wait will be worth it in the end.

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote