View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #13
ART07154

Quote:
Originally Posted by idheaton
Did you check NADA or KBB?

Doing a quick KBB in my area pulls price ranges tops for for a '97 w/ 30k @

$8625 - excellent
$8050 - good - which this one imo falls into with the issues that need to be addressed
$7325 - fair condition.

At the price you haggled it down to you are paying full retail for an 'excellent' example which this is not.

I'd either keep shopping or check kbb and nada, print the results out and go back to the seller and renegotiate the price if you really have you heart set on this car.

I did not check any additional options other than what was checked by default so you are better off checking yourself as there are a few extra options that would push the car to the 9-10K range but that is still for an excellent example so you would still have some haggle room.

I'd also go down the bad list and figure out what I could fix myself and what I would have to have fixed and how much it would all cost me to and take all of that into consideration of the overall price as a factor as well.
I did checked KBB and Edmunds with options and miles private party=9,600,Dealer retail10,800.but I search 500 miles from where I live most of the boxster under $11,000 have almost 75k miles and up?I think is a fair price and I don't want to spend more than $11,000 for weekend vehicle.
ART07154 is offline   Reply With Quote