View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
turbo23dog

Driver's Side Footwell is Wet

I have wet carpet on the driver's side foot well. I searched here, Mike Focke's website and Renntech which all point to looking for clogged front and rear drains which have been checked and don't seem to be the issue.

The wetness is along the bottom edge of the driver's door carpeting underneath the speaker enclosure and it appears that this wetness is draining into the footwell up against the kick wall.

A posting on Renntech said to check to see if the vapor barrier was intact (goes between the door frame and the interior panel). I pulled the door panel today and the vapor barrier appears intact. There's definitely wetness on the backside of the barrier, as well as inside the door, although there's no standing water of any kind, just wetness to touch.

I found a single drain in at the bottom of the door skin and that appears clear, and it does not look like it would be related to wetness under the speaker enclosure.

At this point I"m aggravated. I went through the trouble of pulling the door panel (well, its not that hard but...) and didn't find any conclusive evidence of how the water is soaking the carpet under the door speaker, and obviously draining into the footwell.

Any one have a similar problem and solve it?
past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote