View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 02:09 AM   #6
fiveseven

If anything the sound was a little like the 944 when gassing. My brother who came to assist thought it sounded like a cylinder wasnt working. None of us are car experts.

This is a reply i got from another forum:

QUOTE (infocusf8 @ Nov 14, 2009 - 08:40 PM)
When you say the engine oil had run out did you check it by the dip stick or use the readout on the dash? That M96 motor holds 9 qts. of oil which is a lot of oil to leak out. It seems to me you would have seen a big spot under the car or your oil warning light would have come on not to mention black smoke burning off the hot exhaust while you were driving. The only thing I can think of is you had a major RMS failure. The slight oil leak that the dealer saw is usually the first indication that the RMS is failing. If all the oil leaked out and the CEL was flashing and you continued to run the motor it could be anything and everything that was destroyed.

My reply:

Hi infocusf8

The thing was that it was pretty dark and raining quite heavily at the time so I didnt se any black smoke if there were any. The oil light warning wasnt on the display. I was on the highway and when it happened i knew i should stop and I did that. The motor was running and i did try to pres pedal and move slowly ahead but engine was chopping. I checked the engine oil on display (didnt think of the stick since it was dark and raining). When I put oil in I tried to move ahead a little again but same thing, chopping from engine, so i turned off the engine. This was the point where i realised running the engine further could harm it.
I did let it check for motor oil again after refilling 1L and after one hour (cold engine) I could se that the oil was above half on the display.

What is the CEL? The only warning light i saw was the "Check Engine - go to workshop" yellow warning.
EDIT: CEL must be check engine light right?

BTW thanks I appreciate your views
fiveseven is offline   Reply With Quote