View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 06:48 AM   #13
rdancd816

Thumbs up

I bought a '97 in November of 2005. A the time it had 9,700 miles on it. The isuues I had just after purchase could have been avoided if I had known about this forum. I DID have a PPI and the dealer missed a few things that I couldn't have caught without the knowledge I have today. The tires were originals and had to be replaced due to ther age. PPI didn't catch that and niether did I until I joined this forum. The convertibel top cables were also original and should have been replaced by the original owner. That also was not turned up by the PPI and they failed shortly after I bought the car. ($1500) The car has had a very slight RMS leak since I've owned it and had to be there when I bought it. No mention on the PPI. This has caused me no problems other than a quarter sized spot on the garage floor every couple weeks. I now have 30,000 miles on the car and have replaced the AOS, MAF, and one ignition switch. That's all I've done and feel for a car this age that's pretty good. THis car looks new and I love driving this car hard up in the mountains and all the great twisty's we have here. I might recommend that in addition to a PPI you look up your local Porsche club and have an experienced Boxster owner give the car a "once over". I would buy another Boxster in a heartbeat. Just be prepared to spend some bucks on a car this age. Good Luck!