View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 05:39 AM   #13
Dave S.

Quote: "Dave S., Interesting situation in Colorado.. We are in the process of moving back to Vancouver, BC and the insurance on the vehicles there are $$$$. I should get a quote on insurance cost on 986 vs. 987 as that would be factor in the long run. Do you have PSM? That's one must-have option on my list as
it's our 2nd car and will be driven most of the pacific northwest fall/winter days."

Actually the insurance cost is more of a short-term issue, as after about 7 years or so, they would probably be closer to the same cost.

My car had most of the options I thought were critical: PSM, Heated Seats, Windstop, 18 inch 5 spoke wheels (bonus: with colored crests). Plus it was Seal Grey with a light grey interior which was my favorite color combo. The only thing I thought I wanted that it didn't have was the Bose stereo system, but the crappy stereo and speakers were easily upgraded. The rear tires were also ready for replacement.
It's a fun time shopping for, and buying your first Porsche. Don't be in a hurry. There are a lot of good deals out there. Find the right one and buy the one you'll be the most happy with, all things considered.

Last edited by Dave S.; 11-15-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote