View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
fiveseven

Boxster S 2003 Engine issue

Hi everybody

I had a misfortunate experience with my model 2003 986 boxster s yesterday. The car has driven 82.000 km or approx 51000 miles. It is the first time it hasn’t driven me all the way home. I had to stop on the highway when the motor suddenly did chopping sounds.

I could see that the motor/engine oil had run out and my initial thought was to refill oil so that I could move on. Unfortunately that didn’t help. The motor could turn on but the display showed a yellow warning like ”Check engine – go to workshop”. I had the engine running a few mins and drove very carefully a few meters’ but it was still doing the chopping sounds and I turned off the engine. The exhaust had a smell of something burning.

October this year (last month actually), I did a major service at Porsche and they found a few things that needed to be fixed.
- Change of gaiters at the drive shaft (not a car expert but it sound to be around the engine)
- Fix rattle sound from exhaust. Fixed with screws and a welding
- Oil leakage (had a leakage like this done at last year’s service)

I got the first two fixed shortly after the service but the leakage wasn’t fixed. They told me they had washed the spot where they thought there was a leakage but couldn’t se anything to fixed. They asked me to come back after 2 weeks and some driven miles, so they could check again. When I came back I was told there still wasn’t anything and that they didn’t have to do anything about it. Yesterday as already mentioned the engine oil had suddenly run out? Isn’t that strange?
I can’t do anything about it until Monday, since everything is closed until then where I live.

I am afraid the engine is messed up, any of you guys with more car/Porsche knowledge can give me a hint as to what can be wrong?
fiveseven is offline   Reply With Quote