View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Mike_Yi

Chris,

The problem I am talking about is the rollbar being too high, not too low. It looks like I need lower mounting points, not higher. A shorter driver would need them even lower.

Steven,

I've looked at the Boxster Spec sites and it's not a problem for them. They remove the factory roll-bar and replace it with a full roll-cage. The can have the cross-brace mounted wherever they want so it will work. I do know that FIA specs prohibit welding or drilling the factory roll-bar. That's why I was thinking about mounting to the firewall. Getting plates welded on would be a huge job though because of where they are. Not sure what I am going to do.

I am using a Recaro Profi SPG XL so that the belts will come out of the seat at shoulder height.

I am only using the car for HPDE, but personally, I don't think that makes a difference. An accident at speed is going to be just as dangerous in an HPDE than in a race. I've got enough back problems that I don't want them made worse in the event of a crash by improperly mounted harnesses. I guess some people can say, "It's just HPDE. It's not that big a deal." But if that's the case, why bother with harnesses at all?
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote