View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
ChrisZang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Yi
I've read a bunch of stuff on how to best mount a harness in a Boxster. Lots of people are vehement about bolting everything you can to the floor rather than to the seat brackets. That makes sense. However, EVERYBODY just wraps the shoulder harnesses around the lower bar of the roll-bar. I'm 6'4" and if I did that, the shoulder harnesses will be sloping up from my shoulders to the roll-bar. If I remove the sliders on my seats (I plan to do this for track days), the upward slope will be more pronounced.

Every installation manual I've seen for harnesses says to mount the shoulder harnesses level with the top of the shoulders, or slightly lower (downward slope).

So if everybody's so insistant on mounting the lap and sub belts correctly, why do are they so careless with the shoulder harness? Has anybody seen a harness guide to ensure the shoulder harnesses are at the correct level? Has anybody bolted them to the firewall (if so, I'd like to see pictures)?
Well,

unless you install some SERIOUS hardware you won't find any mount points higher than the roll bar. so the only thing you can do is to lower your seat as much as possible.
If you're 6.4 you must mount your seat directly to the floor (no sliders) otherwise you'll never pass broomstick.
I did that with my seats and I "dropped" around 2 ~ 3 inches
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car

Last edited by ChrisZang; 11-11-2009 at 04:19 PM.
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote