View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
chubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186
well it could be an engine mount... but not sure why it would do it only when cold. one thing you can do to tell if its a bad mount is pop open the engine compartment put the car in gear, release handbrake. after that go to the rear bumper and push the car and rock it forward and back. but be careful not to scratch dent any body parts of course. if you see the engine move alot and the car rocks alot it is a bad mount. also another way to tell while ur driving but i dont remember the method something about accelerating in 2nd or 3rd and let off the gas quick and feeling if there is play in the shifter or something.

as far as ur clutch replacement job. anything is possible at home its just all about having the right tools. if you know what you need going into it then you can adequately prepare

Thanks, I thought about the engine mount too as that seems to be a common failure. I have not tried the rocking method but when acceleratoin WOT and letting off the throttle I get no real movement in the shifter.

Funny thing is it was fine again this morning so maybe whatever was causing the shudder wore off. I did drive it much much harder than normal yesterday to see if I could get a symptom to stick.
I have learned my lesson. No more driving like a wus...
chubert is offline   Reply With Quote