Thread: PSE exhaust
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #11
idheaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb0099
Well,

here is my thought on the exhaust. The installer had a ******************** of a time installing it when i got put in since the pipes were 1.5 and they rubbed against the bumper which made it look odd. The guy did a great job though installing it and the sound is close to that of lambo.. My wife though is ********************ing that is sounds so loud .. So i am thinking of replacing it . I have actually been in contact with this seller http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-986-Boxster-Boxster-S-97-04-Rear-Exhaust-System_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q 2el1262QQhashZitem250361695046QQitemZ250361695046Q QptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

He gave me a great price... So i think i might go for it and do some headers while i am at it .

Shoot me some offers.. shipping is going to vary on the location.. Looking for ideal amount for it .. since it cost me 120 for the stainless steel 150 for the muffler which has 11k miles and then 200 to install and fabricate the muffler .. so.. figure those in when u shoot me an offer. I will accept some trades but I would have to see what your offering.

If your wife thinks that your muffler is too loud now, I bet she will hate the one you are looking at even more, not only from how loud it will be or end up being as it ages and burns out some but also from the drone inherent to that design.

For better a better exhaust note your best bet might be to pick up a stock muffler on the cheap and then do the CRIOS mod to it...start with a smaller drillbit and go up in steps until you get to an acceptable level. Just my .02 cents because $550 for a muffler is quite a bit to take a chance on.