View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

The warranty companies I have dealt with had been less than impressive.. In fact they define "un-professional". They will screw around for weeks trying to complicate the red tape hoping that you'll just give up on the claim.

The last client that I did warranty work for (jhandy here on the 986 forum) had his car at my shop for two months screwing with the warranty idiots. They finally paid for his IMS replacement but only after they screwed around for over 6 weeks with the claim.

That experience was just too much... I no longer work with vehicles that will have repairs covered by some aftermarket warranty. Its just not worth the hassles, lies and red tape.

You are much better to save a hundred bucks a month as a "fix it fund" for a rainy day than paying for a headache with a bunch of cubicle sitting idiots that wouldn't know an IMS bearing if it fell out of the sky and landed on their desk.

BTW- The guy they sent out as an "Inspector" on this last job looked like he was ready for an African Safari with a dozen different flash lights, mirrors and gadgets.. we laughed our asses off for a week thinking about "Frank Buck"...
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote