View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 08:08 PM   #14
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
I know what you mean...and I'm not saying one way is any better than the other. I'm just telling the other members of the board there is more than one way to crack an egg. Emmisions are important to some people in some states but I could care less about emmisions here in rural IL. Yes, you are right about not being able to recoup the cost of the mods put on the car....but you are taking a depreciation hit as well for every mile you put on the 987 and for every minute that goes by. In a couple years your car will be worth about 10k less than what you bought it for. And not to split hairs, but I'm pretty sure a 987 S starts at about 53k not 51k....on top of that the majority of 987 S's out there sticker at close to 60k not 50k.
Oh you're right, sorry, $53,000 or so. But my main point is, if you buy a new '04, you're taking a two-model-year depreciation hit immediately, then pumping it up with mods. I'd rather just buy the 987.

Most of the 987's out there sticker at close to 70k, actually--that's why I ended up ordering one...and yeah, it came out close to 60. Still, for that, versus a modified '04? Well, I'd take the former, definitely!
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote