View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #8
onshore

If you have any kind of written inspection and it is accessible by the insurance company you will be told by the inspector they send out to authorize a repair, that it is a "pre existing condition" and they won't pay to repair it. They may tell you that anyway even if nothing is in writing. Insurance companies are not in the business of paying out money, they are in the business of taking your money and making more with it by investing it and they don't have to pay interest with the money they take from you. You also may be lucky if the company you bought the policy from is still in business next year or haven't sold the company and it has a new name and a new set of restrictions. I've gone through this with what was supposedly one of the better extended warranty companies around and I ended up canceling the policy and getting my $3600 back. All of the repairs I've done new rotors, alignment, RMS and IMS replacement don't total $3600. My two cents would be to put the money in an interest bearing account and pay for repairs out of it.