View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 07:48 PM   #16
Adam

I messed around with the cable adjustments and other things for about an hour tonight and didn't see much improvement if any. I looked up B&M's website and they said to expect a significant increase in shift effort over stock in the FAQ section. I'm guessing the cable driven tranny we have in the boxster exacerbates this effect. I'm really quite suprised more boxster owners who have done this mod are cussing at their B&M shifter right now. My dad tried it too and said it is pretty awful. It looks like the OEM shifter will work with the B&M bushings but the fit is tight and it probably wont center all that well or be smooth. My best hope now is too call my dealer who is 2 hours away and pray they can get some OEM bushings so I can go back to stock otherwise this could cost alot more than I planned on. Maybe then I can recoup my money back on the part but I really don't care much about that right now....just want my old shifter back. Charlie, I'm tempted to try your shifter but I don't want to keep throwing good money after bad or deal with sending it back. Perhaps I just should have been satified with what I had. Lesson learned.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote