View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 05:17 AM   #1
willd

Unhappy Roof stuck down :(

I have a 1999 986, black.

The roof won't go back up after putting it down today. The motor won't engage, as if one of the cut-out switches isn't allowing the circuit to comeplete (in my humble opinion).

This happened before, except it got stuck halfway (!). I fiddled with everything I thought might be related, and I *think* I narrowed it down to a lever/switch mounted on the rearmost section of the void that holds the folded down roof, the 'bay' that the cover in front of the boot/trunk covers. This switch has some kind of lever on it that registers the roof is up or down....maybe....?

Anyhow the previous time I'd fiddled with that a bit and it the circuit seemed to be live again and the dashboard switch, once depressed, started the roof closing again.

So back to today.....the first nice day in ages, I decide to dare to open the roof again and spray some moisture repellant spray in the switch to see if it's just got damp.

The roof closed and opened a few times today but now back at home after driving about for maybe an hour, the roof now won't budge and the red light on the dash is on saying there is an error with the....'something to do with the roof'. I have a convertible fully open and live in the UK. Not good.

I can't get to the switch now the roof is fully down....or can I?

HELP! Ideas?
willd is offline   Reply With Quote