Thread: upgrade stereo
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 AM   #7
edevlin

I am also a car audio guy, Patrick gave me good advice about a custom JL Audio-based subwoofer for the Boxster that works well in the passenger foot well. I normally like to travel with a GPS unit but dont like it stuck somewhere on the dash with wires around, so I am a big fan of a double din head unit that includes a GPS function. They are not bad to install and look like factory.

As others have said, good amplification is important. I replaced my class AB JL Audio amps with Class D Alpine amps which are smaller, lighter, draw less current, sound great and fit neatly in the front trunk. Our cars audio systems can sound very good, but it takes some work and $.

Ed

:dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote