View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 05:29 AM   #14
23109VC

if a tip suits you better - go for it. it's your car - get what YOU want, not what other people, or I, recommend.

PPI any car you buy. If you buy it from a non-Porsche dealer - and they tell you they inspected it and it's okay - STILL get a PPI. the fact the last guy had it for twomonths, and they tell you it got a "new" tranny implies there may have been some kind of serious problem, and maybe it was fully fixed and maybe not.

in this economy, it's a buyers market and it's a lot harder for people to sell these cars - look at a bunch of them before you buy one! find the one you WANT, and don't "settle" for one you aren't totally happy with. if you patient, you'll find the car you really want.

as Randall said - the newer/lowest mileage boxster you can afford is likely going to be the least expensive to maintain... you will PAY one way or the other - either to buy it or to fix/drive it.

I've had my Boxster for one year - but only put about 3k miles on the car, and I've already spend about $1000 on repairs. water pump, two vacuum leaks, and cracked windshield wiper fluid reservoir.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote