View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
willd

Smile Aftermarket exhausts - recommendations?

Hi all. I have a '99 986, of which I am very pleased. Initial few months of ownership have seen new tyres (rears: old ones were split on the inside....didn't know until tyre shop showed me when they were fitting the new ones!!!!), and not much else.

So I'm enjoying ownership, contemplating a hard-top but can't really warrant one as it's not my daily drive.

But what I would like, is a more fruity exhaust note. The current exhaust is 'ok' I guess but my old car was a TVR. I know I'm not going to get anywhere near that (and if I did it would be odd, coming from a flat six). But I still miss a little noise from the exhaust. I've also had an MR2, to which I fitted (yes I know they don't improve performance) a K&N air filter - this changed the engine sound nicely, especially when you opened it up and hit 5500 rpm.

So anyway - what do people recommend? I dont want it to sound like an oversized kazoo, I don't want it to sound like I'm doing sixty mph when I'm doing 20...I just want a meatier sound.

Any suggestions? I'm in the South East of the UK....

Thanks
willd is offline   Reply With Quote