View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
Flavor 987S

Mr. Wilson, be patient. There are a ton of Porsches for sale right now. And take a skill negotiator with you, if you don't have much car buying experience. Ask your parents, spouse/g.f. someone at work to help you. It took me 20 months to find my next addition to the p-car family. That's right, almost 2 years!

No one needs a Porsche. These are just toys. So, don't finance the car. Pay cash. If you can't pay cash, you can't afford the car*. Move on. Find something else. This is why there are so many Porsches for sale. People don't own them (the bank does), and can't afford them. So they go back to the dealer and/or get listed for sale. Under duress. Have about 10% of your purchase price in reserve funds. You might need this to sort out a used car, and you don't want to have buyers remorse.

Get out and look at some cars...and drive em. Take your time. The journey is very fun and rewarding.

*If it is your DD, I could see having a loan, but then again, I would never drive a Porsche daily, to the office or to a customer's office/meeting. But, that's just me.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote