View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
gschotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson
Thanks for your replies. The dealer is offering 2.9% financing, which would be my first option. The cars offered for $29K have 25,000 miles and no CPO, so I will probably offer $30K.

I did check Ebay, very few cars actually sell there, but there were many high bids of $30K for a comparable car that didn't sell. I don't think 25-30 is realistic for this particular car.
Steve
Don't undersell yourself. Be aggressive. There are LOTS of these cars around. It's absolutely a buyer's market. Prices aren't going up.

Yes, you're right, not much sells on eBay. Lots of unrealistic sellers, mostly dealers. What's telling is where the bidding stopped for the cars that didn't sell. To me that's as much an indication of fair market value than the ones that did sell.

I've got to disagree with your assumption that a little higher mileage car is going to be in worse condition than the one you're looking at. Some people take phenomenal care of their cars, others less so. I've seen many pristine Boxsters with 50k and ones with 25k pretty beaten up.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote