View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #37
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersExpress
MY LICENSE IS TO BE SUSPENDED FOR 1 MONTH... guess when? 11/03/09-12/03/09. I got the letter 5 days before my license is to be suspended.

With out my license... I will FAIL this entire semester of school that I paid for. (I drive to my school that is 15 miles away 7-9 times a week) Also I WILL LOSE MY JOB because I cant drive.

Now I only have 3 days left to do something about it.
Here's my advice.
First thing on Monday morning, start calling all the lawyers you can find in the phone book. Get to talk to as many as you possibly can for free that very day.

Once you have a game plan from the lawyers, do an internet search on the ones you like the most, to see who has the best and worst press of all of them. Pick the one with the best looking internet history overall.

Once you have your lawyer and situation under control, go to the DMV place that gives you license plates for your car, and get new ones. As soon as you can do this, the better.

Sometimes, police officers will put a license plate into the system to be pulled over and questioned at any time the plate is spotted. This might have happened to your plate after so many run ins with the police, and so few actual convictions.

If you get a new plate on your car, it might take them a while to get your new plate in the system, and start bugging you again.

Some police jurisdictions have a computer system that identifies license plates as their camera runs all the plates that it reads as the cop car runs through traffic. If there's a warrant out for the owner of the car, or the registration or insurance is lapsed on the car, the computer system flashes a message to the police officer, and pulls up the plate info, for the officer to conduct a traffic stop of the car.

I'm not 100% saying that this is what is happening, or that the police put a flag in the system on your car, but I am saying that it is a possibility.

Change your plates.
See what happens.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote