View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
pk2

Of all the thing that normally are checked and the fack your windows go down might indcaat they're alright but I don't know if the clutch switch is out of that loop (there are 5 switches that efect top opperation, 2 relays). this one is easy to check, it's down by the arm of the clutch opedal arm. Disconect the 2 wires and eun a wire betwenn the two. Try again.

As I think about it, the on switch that effects the windows is the top release latch switch...maybe.

You can also fish around the very back wall of the trunk, find the motor and it's two wires and with a baterycharger or baterry or whatever (12v), conect to the motors leads, reverse the leads and the motor will run in the opposite direction (top up and down). Now you know your motor works or not

If that works, move over to the left side of the trunk, remove the pannel and slide the relay tray out and you'll have to olcate the 2 top-motor relays (you need a diagram, I forget which they are). pull them out and smack thm ub the drive way a few times replace and try again.

You may be ready for an ignition switch but I'd think more accesories would be effected. There are 7 other contenders which can be common. I think you have just verified 2 work.

Regarcs, PK