View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
jhandy

Just to scare you a little. When my car was new, a light rain and my inexperience allowed me to shift hard into second and the rear spun around on me, The car rotated on its center mass and the spinning was exciting to say the least.

I digress.....So I ended up jumping the curb backwards (about 10 mph) on the rear drivers tire. Bent a rim and some suspension parts. NO BODY DAMAGE at all.
Drove the car to the dealer for insurance estimate......

Repairs where 19,000$ and change. Lucky for me the car was new so it was not totaled.

When I asked why it was so much, the dealer told me that all bent parts and possible damage was replaced. The total rear suspension....He said that if I drove the car 100 mph I should not expect some hidden damage to cause a crash.

You will be surprised how much parts cost and just how fragile aluminium is on these cars.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 10-30-2009 at 06:56 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote