View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #18
stateofidleness

My first "boss" (I was 14ish) had a SHOWCAR-clean '86 944 in mint condish. Mexican national, never drove it.. had like 100 miles on it... cleanest car i'd ever seen. well.. my mom bought that car from him and because she feared a high-schooler having access to the car was recipe for disaster, she sold it...

for some reason, it had this heir of "quality" and "status". I knew I had to have one some day. well I come to find out my mom used to have a '73 914 so she was into the "P car" thing... so I started looking and bought my first 914 on ebay.. quite an experience.. drove it once... bought a neighbor's '73 914 and drove the hell out of it! SO FUN! this got me into the porsche community and made me love it even more.

we all know the 914 isn't exactly the most dependable car out there, and i needed a daily for school/work as my blazer was on it's last leg (great car btw)

so i ended up in my current '00 Box and LOVE IT! repairs are a pain in the ass (wallet area mostly) but the people, the culture, online support is amazing.

p-car driver for life! *throws up porsche-resembling gang sign*
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote