View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #13
Bladecutter

My first time was 2 years back.
My gf and I were driving through Boulder, kind of just killing a day, and not sure what the rest of the day was going to involve.

As we were diving up 28th Street, we passed by the Porsche Dealer, and I said to her "Feel like looking at a Porsche for a little while?"

So we popped in, started looking at the different cars, and I was talking to the salesman about the Boxster. Next thing I knew, I was sitting in the drivers seat, seeing if I could fit in comfortably in an '05 S.

Fired it up, and my gf and I zipped on down the road, to get a feel for it.
It had so many different options and buttons that I didn't know where to start, so I decided to concentrate on just driving the car, and get a feel for what she could do.

Found a nice little road nearby with a good series of sweepers, and let loose.
The engine note was intoxicating. The steering response was instantaneous. The brakes were ferocious.

To say we were impressed would be unkind.
I was sold, but that car was not in my future.

Over the next year and a half, I test drove at least 5 other Boxsters, 2 Mercedes SLK's, my gf's Crossfire (5 minutes into that test drive this time last year, and she was ready to buy!), an Infiniti G35 Coupe, an '07 Carrera, and a Nissan Z. Nothing captured my thrill of driving like the Boxster did.

So this past February, when I found my '98, I was sold.
11k miles later, mostly in the mountains here in Colorado, including several track days at HPR, and I'm not going anywhere for a while.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote