View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
Bob O

I agree. These cars are too fun

And mine has been rock solid reliable, knock, knock knock on wood.

Short story about me NOT being behind the wheel:

This past weekend my wife and I took a much needed short trip to Hermann MO for the Octoberfest celebration. We stayed at a beautiful little b&b, Les Lavandes, owned by a wonderful Swiss woman, Myrta, and her husband, Richard. On Sunday morning we were all in the kitchen, where else?, and Myrta was looking out the window at my car. "What a great looking car, what is it?" I told her a Porsche Boxster and she said oooooo there are lots of them in Europe. I've always wanted to drive one. hmmmmmmmmm. Richard looked up from the stove and rolled his eyes, knowing what was going to happen. It did.

I asked her if she would like to drive it. She giggled like a little girl and said Of COURSE. She threw on her shoes and bolted out the door. But once outside she was having second thoughts. I told her I'd drive it for a while and then she could take over. For about ten minutes we wandered through the back roads, up and down the hills and around some pretty tight corners. All the time Myrta is obviously having a blast. We come to a remote intersection and I ask her to take over. She gets in, adjusts all the mirrors, puts on the seat belt, adjusts the seat and asks...are you ready? WHAT??? lol. For the next twenty minutes or so she drives the car like a pro...downshifting, matching revs, taking corners faster than i really expected her to. ooooooo this car really accelerates great doesn't it, she says? All the while she's commenting on how smooth the ride was, how well it handled, and all the other things we all bought our cars for. She was having a ball and so was I just watching her.

We get back to the B&B and Richard just looks at me with that "What the heck did you just do" look! lol. Myrta reminds him that next year is her BIG birthday (I can't guess her age but I'd imagine it to be 65,,,maybe more) and not so subtly hints that a new car would certainly be a good birthday present. When we left Myrta was still grinning. It reminded me of my first drive in a Porsche many years ago. I think we have a convert.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!

Last edited by Bob O; 10-28-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote