View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #10
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKen
>>I am Jimmy from Mobile Works. I have relocated to So Cal but still cover many pcars in the Bay Area. All my licence, BAR numbers will be ran out of Apple Valley where i have set up shop. <<

Well, I guess post up your license and bar # and lets see what comes up. then everything will be cleared up.
Ken
I don't think he's going to reply, as his post was from a year ago.
Seems like the GeorgeLeroy guy is out on a mission, and has some form of personal vendetta he needs to settle.

Personally, from my opinion on the matter, being a person who does in fact do automotive and motorcycle work for others who trust me, I make sure I let the person who's vehicle I'm working on if I am capable of doing the work, and that they need to provide all the needed parts, before I start the work, with certain exceptions.

I'll never take on a job I know I can't do, don't have the proper tools for, or don't have time for. I have a life, too, and I like to keep my reputation in tact. I also prefer keeping the owner of the bike or car involved, as they can typically learn something about the job being done, even if it's just the fact that they really are glad they didn't do the job themselves.

As for needing to be Porsche certified, as someone from last year mentioned, that's a load of crap for most jobs. You don't need a letter from Ducati, Porsche, Lexus, or Kia in order to do simple tasks like change the oil and filter, change brake pads, or install new spark plugs. If you're having cam work done, then yes, you should probably have a trained mechanic familiar with the engine doing the work, but do you truly need a Porsche certified shop (think Jake Raby)?

If your car is under warrantee, and you're worried about the warrantee, then you should take your car to the dealer for that extra piece of mind.

I have no connection with the guy being mentioned, nor do I know what he's done. I just know what I do, and what other people like me would say under similar circumstances.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote