View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
Stunin_Stud

I know this has been discussed b4 but I have to ask

Hello guys, I have a 2001 Boxster S with 33K on it. No performance mods, never tracked and driven occasionaly. So far I have had no problems with it but the last time it was on the lift I noticed some ( very little) oil gathered on near the bottom of the engine. Theres no leaks on the floor in the garage.

I know the whole RMS IMS deal that everyone talks about here but I dont know if I should change it now or wait till it gets worse or what.

I think the engine failure are a bit exaggerated or we just hear about the ones who fail. Im not saying it doesnt happen often.

So if you were me and didnt have money burning a hole in your pocket, would you change it now or wait a bit.

are there any signs to look for when its getting worse or does it just happen? My friends 996 was dripping oil in the garage before he decided to change the RMS, mine doesnt drip.

Also Im out of the country and the car has been sitting for 3 months, and I know not driving it is bad so im taking this into account too.

lastly for those who change the RMS/IMS. is it certain that it wont happen again?

I know this has been discussed before so I apologize for a redundant topic but your input would be appreciated.
Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote