View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 05:53 AM   #5
Frank M

Quite a few years ago, 10 maybe I bought www.langka.com to remove the blobs left with touch up paint.
I used either the Duplicolor touchup paint or OEM touchup paint and Langka on many cars since.
I have more than enough Langka blob remover left to last a life time.

Recently my new Jaguar got some scrape damage at the rear fascia. Duplicolor does not make the color.
The dealer suggested I go to the local auto parts store where they also sell paint, and have a small can made up as it would be less expensive than Jaguar's touchup paint.

I wound up just getting the Dr Colorchip as it was more convenient than Jaguar's suggestion.
The downside for me it being pricey as compared to using a touchup and blob remover but it worked the same what I have been used too.

In retrospect, after going to www.langka.com I would only had needed to but their color pen and use my original blob remover

If you have multiple vehicles or want to have something on hand to do any color or vehicle in the future the blob remover is the way to go. It cost me $20 back then, I am not sure what it is now and I notice on their website they also have some other preparation stuff in a kit now

Last edited by Frank M; 10-25-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Frank M is offline   Reply With Quote