View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
gRed04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
By that time, the engine will cost more than the car is worth. (I don't know of anyone who has tested the market value of a flat6'ized Boxster by selling theirs so I have to assume it doesn't add value except to a very few knowledgeable folk who already have theirs.)
I have to agree with Mike on this.

I think anyone who is seriously considering a ims boxster and has any knowledge whatsoever about all the potential failure modes will not feel too secure unless most everything known has been addressed.

So now you have additional 20k+ tied up in the engine. What do you think someone will want when they try and sell. Remember they will be pricing against boxsters now going for 10-15k. I don't think anyone will be interested.

Additionally you will start seeing high 30k for a new ims-less boxsters shortly and they still have 3 yrs warranty left. Already showing up at 41-42k and these hopefully have all factory problems solved.

Seems like it may be better to just ride it out and hope for the best unless you really really love your current boxster.
gRed04 is offline   Reply With Quote