Thread: Attention!
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
Fred Demara

not sure how the law works in CA, but in Georgia, if you have an accident, the car is totaled, you get a check from your insurance and have the option to keep the car (minus what the insurance says they could have gotten for your car in scape). You then can apply for a salvage title and continue driving the car.

Might be worth looking into just in case you're not able to source these parts before they take the car.

Best of luck, trigem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
Well they pulled it apart and it sems when the hood pushed in it pushed the trunk retaining inward as well. There is ZERO actual structural damange but they would have to replace more than they think the car is worth.

They estimated a BASE 2001 Boxster is not worth fixing for 10k. The bodyshop says realistic quote would be 8.5k for the repairs but the insurance wrote it up for 10.6k.

My post was just to give the forum a heads up on what MAY happen even though I don't think it will. It will be a great time for people to have a chance at picking up my parts. EVERYTHING will eventually be for sale FOR CHEAP except the Seats. Those will go into my 997 which I will hopefully get by April if this car is scraped.