View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 06:24 PM   #20
porscheguy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschekid
I just need to find out from someone who did it, how long it takes and how hard. If I can save $500 doing it myself even in like 6 hours then I will. ****************, I don't make any $100/hour and I'm not gonna pay someone that much if it's something I can do. Has toolpants or anyone else tackled this task? I didn't find much in a search.
I posted alot of info on my GAHH install from a couple of weeks ago on another thread. I think it is a 4 page thread. It took me 6 hours, and that was taking my time. I am not sure what your experience is with working on cars, but if a person had a working knowledge of basic concepts such as weatherstrip instalation, measuring for proper alignment etc...and some patience it could be done. Like I advised others, if you are unsure of your abilities then it is best to bite the bullet and pay because you could mess it up and still have to pay an installer. Or worse, you could damage the top if you got in a hurry. To be honest, 500.00 for the install is fair, but I had installed before and felt comfortable tackling it. On my scale of 1-10, 1 being changing an air filter, and 10 being a total restoration of a car, I would rate this project a 4.
porscheguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote