View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
Late this fall, Porsche had a media gathering in Elkhart Lake WI for the Panamera (just after the SCCA Runoffs). They had twenty of them under a big tent with a half dozen Cayennes thrown in. I do admit, it looks quite different in person and actually better than I expected.

A friend has one on order, so it will be interesting to gather first hand. SPEED had a pretty good show last week with test drives and commentary from Laguna Seca.

http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/driven-panamera-proves-its-porsche-creds/
I just, in the last half hour, returned from the Grand Unveiling of a Panamera, sponsored by Cascade (a local dealership). It was quite the affair: people in sports jackets, hors d’oeuvres, OPEN BAR. Not too shabby.

Anyway, not having been too terribly impressed with photos I had seen, in person I thought it looked very good. Plush, comfy (including the back seats), all kinds of wonderful amenities. Should scoot nicely with the 4.8L, and the brakes are humongous. Pilot sports all around.

I might give it a drive, though can't afford it by any stretch of the imagination. (Never stopped me from a test drive before--why stop now?)
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote