View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
scottmcdaniel
2002 986

I had a Senoff Wind Blocker installed

While browsing these forums (and a few others) since getting my Boxster a few weeks ago, I have been considering a wind screen. After seeing Jays ad and reading the threads about them, I decided to look into it more.

It turns out he lives about 30 miles from me! So I shot him an email and we discussed my needs - he then invited me to come up and offered to do the actual install for me if I decided to get one.

I went up today (BEAUTIFUL drive and home in the Georgia mountains) and Jay installed a full wind blocker for me.

It took only two screws in the roll bar and two small strips of padded tape to damper the minor vibration of skipping the other 2 screws (to avoid unnecessary holes).

I then proceeded to head home with the top down, side windows up and the new windscreen securely installed. It was awesome - for the first time in my car I was able to enjoy the drive without having my my head battered about the cabin by the wind.

There was no whistling, no extraneous noise and best of all I also didn’t need to have the cabin heat on 80 to enjoy the ride (it was in the high 50s but sunny today).

Anyway, I took a few pictures of the install, and after having the car cleaned tomorrow I will post them and some 'after' shots.

I just wanted to throw it out there that it's a great screen, looks nice and that Jay is an absolutely great and quite energetic almost 80 year old man who was a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks to the forums for pointing me his way.
scottmcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote