Thread: sigh.. CEL
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
stateofidleness

ok, so had some diagnostics ran, found out the oil separator was bad and had a vacuum leak... replaced the oil separator and now no more smoke and no more CEL's, BUT I still have a scary hunt for idle on startup...

tonight was the worst... started it (starts fine every time) and it started hunting right away, usually it will "catch" itself after like 5 seconds, this time it went on for a good thirty seconds and I heard some (hate to use the word "knocking"), but it sounded like the cars in the movies that run out of gas... heard it about 3 times (sounded like a "burp" or loud "gurgle" if that makes sense)

it only started doing that if i lightly rev'ed it to get the rpm's up.

mechanic said it might need some time after the AOS replacement to get back to normal.. but I had never heard my car make those noises before and the idle hunt was exactly the same as before the AOS replacement, just no smoke..

ONLY 53k miles!! WTF! i lose faith in Porsche's dependability a little bit more every day... when they're working, they're a blast, when they're not, it's the biggest pain in the ass.. and it seems like way more frequent than on other cars.. what gives??
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote