View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
dranderia

Speaker orientation

Well, you are ahead of me since I have not yet even got my wiring to the rear.
I noticed a duel prong plug near the roll bar mounting plates that I am guessing is for a speaker hook-up. Unfortunately, I have installed the HU myself and I know that there were only two sets of wires leaving the dash harness. If they are speaker plugs, could Porsche be so lazy as not to run the wires?

Its no big deal to find a way to run some wires but I will have to accommodate the fact that the shelf needs to be removed occasionally.

I belive you when you say there is a big difference to orientation. I wanted to avoid the hassle of buying an OEM or similar speaker upgrade set only to then replace the speakers in the kit. I wish they would just sell the plastic parts and let you buy your own.

I thought the 5.25" s would just about go in and that they would give me a big increase in volume, big enough to make it worthwhile. I have also thought about putting a cheese wedge shape mount on top of the shelf that would point the 5.25's up but towards the cabin.

Also, Car Toys has a Boxster subwoofer box that mounts under the passenger side of dash but I have not seen it installed and do not want to use up foot space or give my wife unnecessary thrills!

So what did you finally end up with and did you use the OEM cubby hole inserts and then just change the speakers?

Thanks
dranderia is offline   Reply With Quote