View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
eurotic spaniard

Ignition Switch Fittament Question???

MP TOLEDO:

Thanks to yours & Pedro's Garage great instructions and after many scrapes, scratches, and wrist & elbow socket re-alignments I successfully removed and replaced the ignition switch on my 2002 Boxster S.

Ignition Switch Placement:
Per Pedro...
1) the two guides of the switch need to fit into the the notches of the switch housing
2)The center (the 1/2 moon section) notch at bottom of switch needs to be aligned and seat into the housing notch

Placement Problem:
1) The new switch didn't fit out of the box. When i slid the switch's two guides into the two housing slots the 1/2 moon notch of the switch didn't align and seat with the housing notch. If i turned switch to see if the guides fit on the opposite housing notches the bottom switch 1/2 moon notch still didn't align with the bottom notch of housing
2) In order for it to fit it was necessary for me to turn (engage) the 1/2 moon notch of the switch. When i did it click over about 1/4". The two switch guides then then seated correctly into the notch guides of the housing and center notch of the housing.

QUESTIONS:

1) Are the new switches supposed to come aligned right of the box by aligning & fitting into the center notch of the housing and the two guides sliding into slots of housing?
2) Was it ok i engaged the bottom notch of the switch so that it "clicked" over 1/4" so that it seated and aligned in center notch of housing?

I don't want to reconnect the battery or try starting it until i know it's cool. Thanks.
eurotic spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote